Pages

Wednesday 9 March 2022

Me solos :P (MUS-HACK) (Part 1 : Musical Theater and Collection)

 YO YO YO, I'm back with me bloggies for the year, topic music. Musical Theather night is coming up in term 2, that's something I'm looking forward to :). I've decided to 2 musical solos to perform for the night, then for the other solos, I'm thinking about making them some pop songs or something later on in the year. 

First solo; I can hear the bells - Hairspray ~

A little bit about it:
In 1960s Baltimore, dance-loving teen Tracy Turnblad (Nikki Blonsky) auditions for a spot on "The Corny Collins Show" and wins. She becomes an overnight celebrity, a trendsetter in dance, fun and fashion. Perhaps her new status as a teen sensation is enough to topple Corny's reigning dance queen and bring racial integration to the show.

My scene:
The scene I'll be performing is about Tracy bumping into this hot guy (Link) from her favour tv show " The Corny Collins Show' in which he happens to go to the same school as her. When he bumps into her she has this vision and dream and is really love-struck, shes talking to her Best friend Penny in this scene and makes use of people around her.

How will I perform this:
My aim for this is to have the dialogue of him (Link) and I bump into each other on stage, he says his dialogue then me love struck in the middle of the stage, he leaves, Penny enters .... she says her dialogue then the song will begin. How'll play Tracy in this scene is acting love stuck , and determined that I will win Links, heart.

Second Solo; Nothings gonna harm you - Sweeney Todd~ 


A little bit about it:
Evil Judge Turpin (Alan Rickman) lusts for the beautiful wife of a London barber (Johnny Depp) and transports him to Australia for a crime he did not commit. Returning after 15 years and calling himself Sweeney Todd, the now-mad man vows revenge, applying his razor to unlucky customers and shuttling the bodies down to Mrs Lovett (Helena Bonham Carter), who uses them in her meat-pie shop. Though many falls to his blade, he will not be satisfied until he slits Turpin's throat.

My scene:
The scene I'll be performing is me being the kid named Tobias (referred to as toby) ( toby is abused by Turpin, till Turpin gets murdered then Toby lives with Todd and Mrs Lovvett) and he tries talking to Mrs Lovett about if someone hurts her such as Mr Todd then he'll get rid of him because Toby has suspicions about Todd being a bad guy and looks to Mrs Lovett to be a mother figure to him. In this song, he basically sings about he'll willing to do anything so that Mr Lovett isn't hurt.

How will I perform this:
There will be dialogue, setting: Me and the person that will play Mr Lovett in my scene we will be sitting on a couch at first, then towards the middle, there is dialogue where I and Lovett will stand up move to a different area. sing some more, then she will comfort me to the couch where she will hug and hold me ( more singing in this bit). How I'll portray Toby is being a small little boy vibe where they will try and be the man of the house even though he is young, have the determined to do anything in the world kinda vibe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.