Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2019

Complete combustion experiment ~ Science

In Science, we are learning about combustion so I have decided to do THIS

Combustion is when a chemical will react between the oxygen and another thing.

Aim: I want to find out what happens

Hypothesis:
There's not really a hypothesis because I already saw the video ( WHICH I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU WATCHING THE END RESULT BECAUSE THAT'S A SPOILER UNLESS YOU JUST WANT TO SEE THEN PROCEED WITH MY BLOG)

Equipment:
  • Water ( Colour it if you want to see what is happening)
  • Candle
  • Plate
  • Glass
  • Matchsticks or a lighter
Method:
  1. Grab your water with or without the colour in it 
  2. Pour your liquid on the plate half full.
  3. Place your candle in the middle of the plate.
  4. Light the candle
  5. Grab your glass and place it on top of the candle with the open side facing down so it's like a dome cave thing
  6. And now watch as see the magic


Results/ Observations:
I think it went pretty well as you can see from the videos... I hope 

Conclusion/ Discussion:
The reason why this happens is that there was oxygen in the glass with the candle in it which had a lot of oxygen ( Air) and so the something happens to make it be able to get rid of the air to make room for the water to rise in.

Evaluation:
What would I do the same?: Literally the same thing
What would I do differently?: Maybe find different was to see how it would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.