Pages

Thursday 3 May 2018

Matariki - Music

Task one:
Crate a Piktochart about Matariki
Matariki

Task two:
Find out Maori Music meaning / Culture

Stan Walker- Aotearoa
- What Style of music is this? Pop Music
-Who Proforms it? Stan Walker ft Ria Hall, Troy Kingi, Maisey Rika
- What inspired them to write it? They decided to write it because it was Maori Language week.
- What did you like about it? I like the song beat and the different language.
- What did you like about the video? I liked the sentry 
-Find out what it means? Aotearoa in English

Modern Māori Quartet- Māreikura
-What Style of music is this? Modern, Classic and pop sound of music
-Who Proforms it? Modern Māori Quartet feat. Awhimai Fraser
-What inspired them to write it? I couldn't find it out
-What did you like about it? I liked how it was like smooth singing and very soothing.
-What did you like about the video? I love it how they used an instrument and getting into the song (like moving around)
-Find out what it means? Couldn't Find what the whole song means but Looking at the meaning of the word its about  nobly born female

Maimoa- WAIRUA
-What Style of music is this? Pop
-Who Proforms it? Maimoa
- What inspired them to write it? I couldn't find it out all I know is they wanted to make the song up-beat
- What did you like about it? The style and the tempo of the music.
- What did you like about the video? That every one is dancey and happy.
-Find out what it means? Wairua in English

Rob Ruha & The Witch Dr. - KALEGA
-What Style of music is this? Pop
-Who Proforms it? Rob Ruha & The Witch Dr.
- What inspired them to write it? I couldn't find it out
- What did you like about it? I like the beat and the beautiful singing 
- What did you like about the video? I like the sentry and the happiness of them singing 
-Find out what it means? I can't find the song in English nor the meaning of the word.

What am I learning?: Find out Maori culture and Meanings.
How does this show it?: Listed all the meanings and information I had gathered.
What am I wondering?: Why I couldn't find most of the information and who impaired them.
What could I do better next time?: Study more and try to gather more inspired them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.