Pages

Monday 25 February 2019

Gym Class: Athletics

Shotput:

Shotput is a sport/ event that I can/ cannot do well. The reason why I can't do it properly is because when you leave the circle you're supposed to exit the back of it BUT somehow I manage to exit from the front of the circle EVEN THOUGH in my mind I constantly say " exit from the back".

So you might be wondering what is the proper way to do shotput because you didn't understand what I said in the first paragraph.
Shotput is a type of game/event/sport where you through the ball BUT this ain't any old ball it a heavy one which is 4kgs. The idea of it is to ....

  1. step in a circle, 
  2. go to the front of it,
  3.  Put the shotput ball on your fingertips like you are holding it, 
  4. Put it against your neck, 
  5. Put one foot back 
  6. lean back and bend your legs too, 
  7. then just push/through it as far as you can so it can get measured 
BUT they only measure it once you exit from the back of the circle BUT IF you exit from the back you are disqualified.

( there will be a video later of me showing you)

Have I improved in this event? Why or why not?:
50/50 because I think I have improved on my shot-putting BUT I just keep forgetting to exit from the back of the circle.



How could I have improved more?:

Practicing to shotput the ball and then leaving from the back.

What is another event you would like to work on/improve?:

Another event I would like to work on/ improve is high jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.