Pages

Thursday 21 February 2019

Home Economics - Reflection

In Home Economics last week we cooked Chicken and Rice Patties ( if you want to see the recipe just click on the "Home Economics" label at bottom of this post or click this link)

Our cooking class had it easy because the teacher did the cooking of the chicken, rice and grate the cheese for us so that left us to some mise en place.  Mise en place is a fancy word for "putting in place" it means to prep your stuff /ingredients before you cook.

So all that was left for us was to preheat the oven, shred the chicken, Grate the carrot, beat the eggs, slice your spring onions, put all the ingredients in a large bowl, Mix it around, spray your muffin tin with cooking spray, put your mixture in the tin and bake it for 15mins then pull it out.

What I have learnt from cooking this meal you can add diffrent type of meat to it, If your vegetarian you could add veggies instead of the meat.

What I think next time we cook this meal or another meal we could learn how to preheat an oven without anyone helping/showing us ( by us I mean me and my work buddy) but other than that I think we did well with our first meal of the year.

Here is what they look like
Image result for chicken and rice patties
rating out of ten....I rate it a five out of ten in general
Food Presentation: 5
Taste: 5
Easy to cook: 10 ( probably because we didn't need to cook the chicken and the rice)

Overall I think it was a good meal but it was tasteless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.